The idea is to have many stretch goals and use SMART goals to accomplish them, but what is a core stretch goal and what is one of mine? One of my core strech goals is to create a healthy weekly routine that allows me to accomplish my other goals while maintaining a good work life work balance.
A stretch goal is something can not be accomplished easily.
- My Stretch Goal: Creating a healthy weekly routine and sticking to it will allow me to make progress on other stretch goals.
How do you know if you're making progress on a stretch goal, like my idea of a healthy routine?
That is where SMART goals come in to play. You'll need to make sure your stretch goal contains smaller goals that are Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time Bound. Here is an example goal breakdown:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Write SOMETHING down for Jaseowns.com Blog posts
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Consistency should allow me to see adding at minimum one post a week
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Write down some thoughts instead of just thinking and letting it go. I'll be able to see my progress.
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Adding notes and info for Jaseowns let's me grow content
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
- Setting aside 20 30 minutes a day to create at least one post a week
This is just one goal inside a stretch goal. I also have a goal of building out a goal template so it's easy to keep track of goals online.